It is also called samasthithi or Mountain pose. It is the starting point for all the standing asanas.
Procedure to do Tadasana:
Place both the feet together with the hands hanging by the side of your body with fingers spread. Distribute the body weight equally on both the feet. Legs should be stretched up keeping the entire foot & toes active. Now inhale keeping the spine straight and engaging your core muscle along with pelvic tucked in, breathe through the chest (deep breathing). Stretch the whole body without losing balance. Now feel the stretch from your feet to your head. Keep the face relaxed. And exhale.
Benefits of Tadasana:
- It develops physical and mental balance.
- It strengthens back muscle and core muscle.
- Starting point for many standing asanas.
- The best asana to overcome lower back pain.
Common mistakes while doing Tadasana:
- Hands hanging loosely by the sides.
- Core not engaged, Pelvic not tucked.
- Avoid arching the back & shoulders.
Cautions of Tadasana:
To be done with caution by those who are suffering from head ache and low blood pressure.